Turn from curator into creator on this fun weekend course. You will learn how to set up your own vlog in YouTube, learning how to customise and implement its functionality utilising YouTube full capabilities as a website, social network, video editor and publisher. You will create your own channel either as an individual or as a brand / project / business. You will populate your channel with sections featuring different video content from your own and other channels, sharing and linking with other vloggers and networks.You will learn basic video editing skills in YouTube Creator Studio, complemented with the open source software ‘Shotcut’ to add effects, styles and music to your videos. You will learn how to use recently added new features that focus on interactivity and promotion in YouTube Creator Studio. By the end of the course you will have a working vlog that you’ll be able to manage and update yourself. Video material will be provided, although you can bring your own. This hands-on course focuses on the technical and functional side of creating, maintaining and managing a vlog.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Have the skills necessary to build, maintain and update your own YouTube channel vlog
- Edit, publish and manage you videos in YouTube Creator Studio
- Further edit and enhance you videos in Shotcut
- Add online content to your vlog
- Interact with the world through your vlog and other social networks.
Tutor: Yolanda de los Bueis