The interview is one of the most often-required events in creative and commercial video-making. Useful in documentary filmmaking, reporting, vlogging and social media channels. But there’s a lot more to it than meets the eye! This is a fun and very active practical course designed for beginners, on how to use digital cameras and audio equipment to record interviews to a high standard. The course will explore techniques used by professional filmmakers in video production such as camera exposure controls, white balance, shot sizes, composition, audio recording techniques. You will learn how to record interviews using directional microphones as well as wireless microphones. Additionally you will learn basic editing to synch audio and video.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Use several camera controls to obtain a well exposed image.
- Learn about framing and composition to create impactful footage
- Use sound for video production (e.g. recording interview, voice over).
- Use professional video lighting to enhance image quality
- Use basic post-production techniques to synch audio and video images.
Tutor: Jorg Wagner